Rev. Janet Flawn
Methodist Chapel has served the community of Barrasford
since 1878. A service
is held each Sunday at 6.30pm.
of Barrasford have gathered for here for weddings,
christenings and community events for over 120 years. Barrasford
Methodist Chapel celebrated its Centenary in 1978.
began on Barrasford Methodist Chapel on August 25th 1877
and the building was completed by May 11th 1878, when an
opening and dedication service was held. It
was built to seat 160 at a cost of £320.
Chapel is one of the few Methodist churches in the country
to have a bell to call people to worship. The origin of
the bell is unknown but it is still used at each service.
A service is
held each Sunday at 6.30pm.
information contact the Rev. Janet Flawn (tel. 01434 220283)
situated in the parish of Chollerton
and is also served by St Giles Chollerton